Swanton Novers, Norfolk
This fine 19th century school building became the Village Hall in 1934, was sold to fund the new Village Hall in 2006 and is now being converted into two eco-friendly family dwellings.
One house uses an air source heat pump to supply all domestic hot water and underfloor heating needs, while the other has 250m of ground loop buried in the back garden, connected to a ground source heat pump.
High levels of insulation materials from sustainable sources and passive stack ventilation are also employed.
This sensitive recycling of the building with a history in the village, means it can live on for another century.